Austin, Texas USA. You may know it as the live music capital of the world, home to festivals like SXSW and Austin City Limits but this Central Texas city has a lot more going for it than that.
Here are some of our favorite things to do in this city that’s keeping it weird!
- Take a bike ride around the lake
- Take your dog for a dip in Barton Creek
- Chill at Zilker Park
- Go kayaking on Lady Bird Lake
Austin’s a foodie city so eat up me hearties! Food trucks are a big part of Austin food culture. Check out some of our favorites: Here’s a list of of where to go for the best vegan food in Austin.
Take a tour of the State Capitol building, the largest in the country. It’s free!
Food & Entertainment
- History not you’re thing? Catch a flick at the Alamo Drafthouse
- Stroll around town to snap some street art
- Grab a drink on dirty 6th and catch some live music
- The Continental Club on South Congress is always good for live music
- See the country’s largest urban bat colony emerge at dusk from the Congress Ave. Bridge (seasonal).